Induction Day Outline
Our senior students run an annual induction day for all new students prior to school starting in February. The event is always a big hit and helps new students become familiar with HJHS.
What happens on the day??
- All new students to meet in the MPR. Senior students meet and greet at the front of the school and bring students and their parents into the MPR.
- Powhiri and Introduction talk with Miss Thompson.
- New students will be placed into groups with senior students per group. The groups represent class groups. Parents are welcome to stay with Miss Thompson and she will run a question and answer session while students move out to fun games and activities.
- Once organised into groups new students will tour around the school. Talk with the students about these items as we move around the school:
- HJHS Learner
- Inbounds/Out of Bounds
- What we do at HJHS
- Each group will then cycle around the fun activities and games.
All students will meet back in the MPR ready to be collected at 12pm.