HAMILTON JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT
The Hamilton Junior High Campus will be “smoke free”. No use of tobacco is permitted at any time. Staff/students are made aware that smoking is not allowed within the school grounds. The caretaker/receptionist of the school have responsibilities for informing contractors/hirers of school facilities about the Smoke free Policy.
To protect staff and students from second hand smoke. To protect students from the appearance that using tobacco is a safe practice.
- Visitors, contractors, hirers or spectators who smoke on school property, school personnel (once made aware of will):
- Give a verbal warning by asking the person/s to put cigarettes out.
- Refer the matter to the Principal or Board of trustees for service of a trespass order.
- Should staff break the policy a verbal warning will be given in the first instance followed by notification to the Board of Trustees.
- Should students break policy this will be dealt with according to the discipline policy in place.
This policy is reviewed as part of the Board’s Review Cycle.
Date of Approval __________________________________________________