HAMILTON JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
The school expects staff to provide regular homework as a means of reviewing work and practising skills learnt during the day.
- To enable students to complete classwork, catch up on classwork, do extra classwork and to revise classwork.
- To enable students to get into the habit of doing homework at a regular time.
- To build up subject notes for use later in the same topic.
- To achieve a balance between work related to school and leisure activities.
- To take into account individual differences.
i. Staff are to structure classwork so that there is a homework ingredient, whether it be extension tasks or the extra time needed to do an adequate job in the work the class is engaged on.
ii. Staff are to use homework not as a punitive measure but as a means of encouraging those who do it and of demonstrating your interest in and caring about what they do out of school.
This policy is reviewed as part of the Boards review cycle.
Date of Approval ____________________________________________________