HAMILTON JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Hamilton Junior High School shall monitor the success of the Maori students and develop and implement effective programmes of teaching and learning programmes for Maori students.
- The purpose of identifying Maori Student Achievement separate to all student achievement is to address the National statistics of the large number under achievers, nationally showing a high number of Maori represented these statistics through developing more effective tracking and learning programmes.
- To ensure that Hamilton Junior High School is strategic in its development of programmes/strategies to enhance achievement of Maori students.
- To ensure Hamilton Junior High School utilises data to inform teacher practice.
Team Leaders and DP will collect data on the;
- The data will be analysed to identify where teaching programmes need to be reviewed to provide greater Maori student success.
- The success rates of Maori children will be reviewed annually, barriers to their achievement identified and strategies to overcome them put in place as part of the annual goal setting procedures.
This policy will be reviewed as part of the Boards review cycle.
Date of Approval _______________________________________________